You Can Make Your Hair Grow Faster
Each person is different when it comes to genetics, and although this has a somewhat strong impact on hair growth, it’s certainly not the only factor. Some people can grow their hair half an inch a month, whilst some lucky people can grow at a rate of 1 inch per month or more. Is there any factor which can influence the rate at which our hair grows? The answer is YES. And today I will just a few of them with you.
Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Healthy Hair – The basics
If you’re stressed out about work, relationships, and never have any time to relax, how much do you think this can affect your hair? A lot right? Women know this all too well, right ladies?
Temporary hair loss can occur when we’re too stressed out. High levels of stress hormones surging through our bodies create an unhealthy response in the scalp where it can in some cases trigger premature hair loss known as telogen effluvium.
This is when the hair prematurely goes into resting state and then you notice handfuls of hair or plugged up showers with shocking amounts of hair. It can be devastating for our confidence to see this, but fortunately, once the causes are removed, hair can resume its normal growth cycle.
As far as your body is concerned, your hair is the last of its worries. So when you don’t treat your body with respect it deserves, you can end up losing more hair than you should be losing.
Not getting enough sleep, eating junk food, losing weight really fast, and not getting an adequate amount of vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and protein can impact your hair growth.
There are specific nutrients which will impact growth more than others, but your organs come first, not your hair. So it is absolutely crucial that you maintain and healthy body by eating well so that you can make your hair grow faster. This means less junk food, and more fruits and vegetables. Less saturated fat and more olive oil or fish.
So the final ingredient here to healthy hair is actually maintaining its health by avoiding damage. This means we have to treat it well, and not be too rough or expose it too much heat.
- Avoid brushing your hair when it is wet. This can stretch the hair and cause it to break. So many people make this mistake! If you brush your hair when it is still wet or a little damp, make sure you’re using something called a wide tooth comb brush. This has large gaps and will be less likely to cause any damage to your hair
- When straightening your hair, make sure you use the heat protectant like TREsemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray. There are many positive reviews about this product on Amazon, and it also won’t break the bank either!
- Use hair dryers which not damage your hair.
- Did you know bleach damages your hair? Who would have thought, right? Yes, it’s very damaging! Bleaching will ravage your hair and make it dry and brittle. Why not embrace your natural hair color. We are all created different, and let’s express our true selves to the world! All hair is beautiful when it’s looked after and it’s healthy.
- Use better quality products on your hair! Avoid shampoos which have sulfate in them. And keep your hair well conditioned, especially at the tips of the hair where the old hair is more likely to be dry and weaker. People who have long straight hair can usually condition less, but those who have curly hair, it takes longer for the natural scalp oil to travel down the hair shaft.
- Trimming split ends. Another mistake a lot of people make is that they avoid trimming their hair. If you don’t trim, the ends will break off, split ends will travel up the hair shaft and cause the hair to look weak and unhealthy. Investing in a pair of scissors, you can easily do this yourself.
- Brush your hair before you sleep to untangle any hairs and spread the oils down the hair shaft.
First of all, we have to do the basic things above. Clean up the diet, keep stress levels down, and take basic steps to care for the hair, so we can maintain its health throughout the months and years of growth. After this, there are many additional things we can do which will make your hair grow faster.
These are specific foods which are loaded with certain nutrients, as well as supplements to combat different causes of hair loss. In future posts, I will take a closer look at nutrition and supplements, and how these can be the foundation, so our body is healthy and ready to grow long, healthy, and thick hair.